A powerful research tool for the serious or casual visitor.
Home > Neighboring Towns > Eagan, Mendota and Lilydale Minnesota
Trinity Lone Oak Church
HISTORY: Founded in 1880, Trinity Lone Oak Lutheran Church and School has been a landmark in Eagan for over 130 years. The cornerstone for the first church building was laid shortly after members began worshiping both in a private home and in a public school next to the John Wagenknecht farm in Eagan.

​TLO Church members founded the school to fulfill the important mission of providing a quality, Christian education, building the first separate school building in 1890 and adding to the building in 1893 and 1908. TLO has constructed three different school buildings over its history.

The “Lone Oak” name comes from a large oak once located near our school. This large tree was originally the only tree in the middle of a vast grassland. Farmers would gather under the shade of that oak tree to barter and trade produce. It was under the shade of this tree that the community of Eagan was first founded. To this day, the city of Eagan utilizes the “Lone Oak” logo on official stationery, city vehicles, and water towers.

Trinity Lone Oak was granted the national Blue Ribbon Award in 2006. This lifetime award distinguished us as a school of excellence in the United States, based upon standardized test scores and curricular programming.

Trinity Lone Oak Church

HISTORY: Founded in 1880, Trinity Lone Oak Lutheran Church and School has been a landmark in Eagan for over 130 years. The cornerstone for the first church building was laid shortly after members began worshiping both in a private home and in a public school next to the John Wagenknecht farm in Eagan.

​TLO Church members founded the school to fulfill the important mission of providing a quality, Christian education, building the first separate school building in 1890 and adding to the building in 1893 and 1908. TLO has constructed three different school buildings over its history.

The “Lone Oak” name comes from a large oak once located near our school. This large tree was originally the only tree in the middle of a vast grassland. Farmers would gather under the shade of that oak tree to barter and trade produce. It was under the shade of this tree that the community of Eagan was first founded. To this day, the city of Eagan utilizes the “Lone Oak” logo on official stationery, city vehicles, and water towers.

Trinity Lone Oak was granted the national Blue Ribbon Award in 2006. This lifetime award distinguished us as a school of excellence in the United States, based upon standardized test scores and curricular programming.

EA_Gene_Slater_farm_Eagan~0.jpg EA_Larson_Auto_SErvice.jpg EA_Lone_Oak_Church_worship_space_2019.JPG EA_Lone_Oak_tree_painting.JPG EA_Main_Altar_Trinity_Lone_Oak_Church.JPG
Rate this file (No vote yet)
File information
Filename:EA_Lone_Oak_Church_worship_space_2019.JPG
Album name:jack / Eagan, Mendota and Lilydale Minnesota
Filesize:644 KiB
Date added:Sep 10, 2019
Dimensions:1600 x 1200 pixels
Displayed:38 times
URL:http://burnsvillehistory.org/cpg/displayimage.php?pid=16068
Favorites:Add to Favorites
Add your comment
Anonymous comments are not allowed here. Log in to post your comment