A powerful research tool for the serious or casual visitor.
Home > Neighboring Towns > Eagan, Mendota and Lilydale Minnesota

Eagan_profile_Star_Tribune_Sun__Sep_27__2009_.jpg
Eagan profile September 27, 2009 - A look at Eagan (paid ad) in Minneapolis Star Tribune..
Eagan_reveals_new_logo_2017.pdf
Eagan reveals new logo 2017The October 5, 2017 Burnsville Eagan Sun/Thisweek news reports on the introduction of a new logo by the City of Eagan. The previous logo was 25 years old.
Eagan_roads_update.jpg
WPA funds will aid Eagan roads 1935September 6, 1935 Dakota County Tribune:

Eagan township will construct and improve roads under the WPA set-up....
Eagan_school_blackdog~0.jpg
Black Dog SchoolUndated early photo of the students at Black Dog School in Eagan.
Eagan_School_with_names.jpg
Black Dog SchoolHistoric photo of Black Dog School Eagan, with student names.
eagan_seats__0201.JPG
City of Eagan Council chambers 2017Front area where council and mayor sit during meetings.
Eagan_slide.JPG
The Big Slipper Cedarvale 1969A September 4, 1969 MInnesota Valley Sun photo shows: Riding a magic carpet down the Big Slipper in Cedarvale Center has become a favorite pastime for youngsters and adults in the MInnesota Valley.
eagan_stairwell~0.JPG
Lower level stairs at Eagan City Hall 2017From the lower level steps are available to reach second floor offices and meeting rooms.
Eagan_tailor_to_close_after_4_decades_2017.pdf
Eagan tailor to close shop after nearly 4 decades in business 2017The September 24, 2017 St. Paul Pioneer Press reports on Gary Steinhouse's retirement. For nearly 40 years he has owned and operated Cedarvale Tailors.
Eagan_Tommy_Kennealy.jpg
Tom Kennealy (Eagan)From the Eagan branch of the Kenneally/Kennelly/Kennealy family - Tom was born 1894 and died 1973. He married Mary Connelly of Burnsville. They farmed on property near todays Silver Belle Road.
Eagan_townhall_1965.pdf
Open House at Eagan Town HallAugust 19, 1965 Minnesota Valley Review.

The Town Hall is complete....
Eagan_town_hall_coloring_sheet.pdf
Eagan's 1914 Historic Town HallA coloring sheet created by the Eagan Historical Society features the Historic Town Hall.
Eagan_town_hall_then_and_now.pdf
Eagan 1914 Town Hall then and nowThe cover photo from a booklet created by the Eagan Historical Society showing the Town Hall in 1914 and 2017.
Eagan_village_hall.jpg
Eagan will build a new townhall 1960May 5, 1960 Minnesota Valley Review

Now is the time to acquire the land for a new town hall, Eagan township attorney Luther Stalland told the town board...
Eagan_was_part_of_Mendota.pdf
Eagan was once part of Mendota 1968May 14, 1968 Minnesota Valley Sun

A brief history of Eagan....
eagan_water.jpg
City of Eagan water tower and logoOne of Eagan's water towers, viewed from 35 E, circa 2017. The City Logo changed in mid 2018.
Eagan_water_tower.jpg
Eagan water towerUndated photo of an Eagan water tower. Identified as the old Sperry tower which was once a private tower for original neighborhood near Pilot Knob and Lone Oak.
eagan_waving_2.JPG
Another view of the Eagan FlagThe American and City of Eagan flag fly together at the Community Center.
early_eagan_firetruck.jpg
Eagan Fire TruckOne of the 1965 vehicles used by Eagan Fire Department.
early_interior_view.JPG
St. Peters Catholic Mendota One of the earliest photos of the interior of Minnesota's first Catholic Church, St. Peter's in Mendota. This image was used as the template for the restored look of the church. This church in Mendota served Catholics in Eagan and some of Burnsville before the establishment of St. John the Baptist.
eat.jpg
Lone Oak Night Club EaganLone Oak Night Club - date needed.
EA_Front_door_of_Trinity_Lone_Oak~0.JPG
Trinity Lone Oak Church Original entry into Trinity Lone Oak Church, Eagan.
EA_Gene_Slater_farm_Eagan~0.jpg
The Slater farm Highway 13 and Cedar AvenueA 1949 aerial showing Highway 13, Cedar Avenue and the Gene and Julia Slater farm. This was also the farm of James and Margaret Slater. The other farm in the photo was owned by Charlie Rueger. Photo compliments of Rodger Slater.
EA_Lone_Oak_Church_worship_space_2019.JPG
Trinity Lone Oak ChurchHISTORY: Founded in 1880, Trinity Lone Oak Lutheran Church and School has been a landmark in Eagan for over 130 years. The cornerstone for the first church building was laid shortly after members began worshiping both in a private home and in a public school next to the John Wagenknecht farm in Eagan.

​TLO Church members founded the school to fulfill the important mission of providing a quality, Christian education, building the first separate school building in 1890 and adding to the building in 1893 and 1908. TLO has constructed three different school buildings over its history.

The “Lone Oak” name comes from a large oak once located near our school. This large tree was originally the only tree in the middle of a vast grassland. Farmers would gather under the shade of that oak tree to barter and trade produce. It was under the shade of this tree that the community of Eagan was first founded. To this day, the city of Eagan utilizes the “Lone Oak” logo on official stationery, city vehicles, and water towers.

Trinity Lone Oak was granted the national Blue Ribbon Award in 2006. This lifetime award distinguished us as a school of excellence in the United States, based upon standardized test scores and curricular programming.
EA_Lone_Oak_tree_painting.JPG
Trinity Lone Oak Church and the Lone Oak Tree paintingPainting of the Trinity Lone Oak Church and historic tree by Plasschaert.
EA_Main_Altar_Trinity_Lone_Oak_Church.JPG
Trinity Lone Oak ChurchHISTORY: Founded in 1880, Trinity Lone Oak Lutheran Church and School has been a landmark in Eagan for over 130 years. The cornerstone for the first church building was laid shortly after members began worshiping both in a private home and in a public school next to the John Wagenknecht farm in Eagan.

​TLO Church members founded the school to fulfill the important mission of providing a quality, Christian education, building the first separate school building in 1890 and adding to the building in 1893 and 1908. TLO has constructed three different school buildings over its history.

The “Lone Oak” name comes from a large oak once located near our school. This large tree was originally the only tree in the middle of a vast grassland. Farmers would gather under the shade of that oak tree to barter and trade produce. It was under the shade of this tree that the community of Eagan was first founded. To this day, the city of Eagan utilizes the “Lone Oak” logo on official stationery, city vehicles, and water towers.

Trinity Lone Oak was granted the national Blue Ribbon Award in 2006. This lifetime award distinguished us as a school of excellence in the United States, based upon standardized test scores and curricular programming.


EA_side_view_of_Trinity_Lone_Oak_Church.JPG
Trinity Lone Oak ChurchHISTORY: Founded in 1880, Trinity Lone Oak Lutheran Church and School has been a landmark in Eagan for over 130 years. The cornerstone for the first church building was laid shortly after members began worshiping both in a private home and in a public school next to the John Wagenknecht farm in Eagan.

​TLO Church members founded the school to fulfill the important mission of providing a quality, Christian education, building the first separate school building in 1890 and adding to the building in 1893 and 1908. TLO has constructed three different school buildings over its history.

The “Lone Oak” name comes from a large oak once located near our school. This large tree was originally the only tree in the middle of a vast grassland. Farmers would gather under the shade of that oak tree to barter and trade produce. It was under the shade of this tree that the community of Eagan was first founded. To this day, the city of Eagan utilizes the “Lone Oak” logo on official stationery, city vehicles, and water towers.

Trinity Lone Oak was granted the national Blue Ribbon Award in 2006. This lifetime award distinguished us as a school of excellence in the United States, based upon standardized test scores and curricular programming.
EA_Tree_at_Trinity_Lone_Oak_front.JPG
Lone Oak tree reminderAn oak tree, near the site of the original Lone Oak Tree is found at Trinity Lone Oak Church.
EA_Trinity_Lone_Oak_125th_anniversary.JPG
Trinity Lone Oak Church 125th anniversaryHISTORY: Founded in 1880, Trinity Lone Oak Lutheran Church and School has been a landmark in Eagan for over 130 years. The cornerstone for the first church building was laid shortly after members began worshiping both in a private home and in a public school next to the John Wagenknecht farm in Eagan.

​TLO Church members founded the school to fulfill the important mission of providing a quality, Christian education, building the first separate school building in 1890 and adding to the building in 1893 and 1908. TLO has constructed three different school buildings over its history.

The “Lone Oak” name comes from a large oak once located near our school. This large tree was originally the only tree in the middle of a vast grassland. Farmers would gather under the shade of that oak tree to barter and trade produce. It was under the shade of this tree that the community of Eagan was first founded. To this day, the city of Eagan utilizes the “Lone Oak” logo on official stationery, city vehicles, and water towers.

Trinity Lone Oak was granted the national Blue Ribbon Award in 2006. This lifetime award distinguished us as a school of excellence in the United States, based upon standardized test scores and curricular programming.
EA_Trinity_Lone_Oak_Choir_loft.JPG
Trinity Lone Oak ChurchHISTORY ; Founded in 1880, Trinity Lone Oak Lutheran Church and School has been a landmark in Eagan for over 130 years. The cornerstone for the first church building was laid shortly after members began worshiping both in a private home and in a public school next to the John Wagenknecht farm in Eagan.

​TLO Church members founded the school to fulfill the important mission of providing a quality, Christian education, building the first separate school building in 1890 and adding to the building in 1893 and 1908. TLO has constructed three different school buildings over its history.

The “Lone Oak” name comes from a large oak once located near our school. This large tree was originally the only tree in the middle of a vast grassland. Farmers would gather under the shade of that oak tree to barter and trade produce. It was under the shade of this tree that the community of Eagan was first founded. To this day, the city of Eagan utilizes the “Lone Oak” logo on official stationery, city vehicles, and water towers.

Trinity Lone Oak was granted the national Blue Ribbon Award in 2006. This lifetime award distinguished us as a school of excellence in the United States, based upon standardized test scores and curricular programming.

817 files on 28 page(s) 11