A powerful research tool for the serious or casual visitor.
Home > Neighboring Towns > Eagan, Mendota and Lilydale Minnesota

IMG_7622.JPG
Fun and Games in EaganOn sale, October 2020 Eagan Opoly.
IMG_7631.JPG
Fun and Games in EaganOn Sale, October 2020 Eagan Opoly.
IMG_9022.JPG
City of Eagan logoThe City of Eagan begins to add its new logo to signage, 2018 - 2019.
IMG_9557.JPG
Trinity Lone Oak Church CemeteryHISTORY: Founded in 1880, Trinity Lone Oak Lutheran Church and School has been a landmark in Eagan for over 130 years. The cornerstone for the first church building was laid shortly after members began worshiping both in a private home and in a public school next to the John Wagenknecht farm in Eagan.

​TLO Church members founded the school to fulfill the important mission of providing a quality, Christian education, building the first separate school building in 1890 and adding to the building in 1893 and 1908. TLO has constructed three different school buildings over its history.

The “Lone Oak” name comes from a large oak once located near our school. This large tree was originally the only tree in the middle of a vast grassland. Farmers would gather under the shade of that oak tree to barter and trade produce. It was under the shade of this tree that the community of Eagan was first founded. To this day, the city of Eagan utilizes the “Lone Oak” logo on official stationery, city vehicles, and water towers.

Trinity Lone Oak was granted the national Blue Ribbon Award in 2006. This lifetime award distinguished us as a school of excellence in the United States, based upon standardized test scores and curricular programming.
IMG_9571.JPG
Lone Oak TreeThe Lone Oak tree as it looked March 19, 1970 Minnesota Valley Sun.
IMG_9574.JPG
Lone Oak TreeThe Lone Oak tree was the central place for the posting of messages to the people of Eagan. March 19, 1970 Minnesota Valley Sun photo.
IMG_9594~0.JPG
Trinity Lone Oak ChurchHISTORY: Founded in 1880, Trinity Lone Oak Lutheran Church and School has been a landmark in Eagan for over 130 years. The cornerstone for the first church building was laid shortly after members began worshiping both in a private home and in a public school next to the John Wagenknecht farm in Eagan.

​TLO Church members founded the school to fulfill the important mission of providing a quality, Christian education, building the first separate school building in 1890 and adding to the building in 1893 and 1908. TLO has constructed three different school buildings over its history.

The “Lone Oak” name comes from a large oak once located near our school. This large tree was originally the only tree in the middle of a vast grassland. Farmers would gather under the shade of that oak tree to barter and trade produce. It was under the shade of this tree that the community of Eagan was first founded. To this day, the city of Eagan utilizes the “Lone Oak” logo on official stationery, city vehicles, and water towers.

Trinity Lone Oak was granted the national Blue Ribbon Award in 2006. This lifetime award distinguished us as a school of excellence in the United States, based upon standardized test scores and curricular programming.


initial_name.jpg
Cedarvale could have been Cedar PlazaAccording to this July 18, 1963 article, this site could have been - Remember Cedar Plaza ----
Inside_Yankee.JPG
Yankee Tavern was the Valley Lounge 2017Yankee Tavern interior view.
Interior_Lafonda_5.jpg
LaFondaLa Fonda at 3665 Sibley Memorial Hwy, Eagan, MN 55122.
Interior_Mendota_Tavern.jpg
Mendota TavernInterior Mendota Tavern. John Francis LeClaire and Evan Raymond Titus.
jacks_photos_eagan_001.jpg
Starks EaganEarlier view of Starks Eagan.
jacks_photos_eagan_003.jpg
Starks EaganEarlier view of Starks, Eagan.
Jack_s_pictures_012.jpg
Starks EaganEarlier view of Starks Eagan.
jamesslaterbio.pdf
James Slater interview 1940James Slater was born Feb. 29, 1856 in Eagan and is interviewed as he celebrates his 21st Leap Year Birthday.
James_Scott_Death_Certificate.pdf
James Scott DeathEagan merchant, Jim Scott's death certificate 1953. Operated the general store at Nicols Station.
James_Scott_in_color.jpg
James ScottJames Scott owned and operated the general store at Nicols Station.
James_Slater_obit_eagan_pioneer.JPG
James Slater diesPublished October 16, 1880 death of Eagan pioneer James Slater.
Jan_272C_1972_ad.JPG
Mr. Steak and Jerry Lewis Theatre at Cedarvale 1972January 27, 1972 Mr. Steak's first anniversary at Cedarvale and the Jerry Lewis Movie Theatre.
Jan_32C_1902_eagan.jpg
Eagan News column 1902January 3, 1902 Dakota County Tribune - Eagan news

Miss Nelson is the teacher at District 104 and Miss Kranz at District 13.
A new mail carrier is mentioned.
jensens0072.JPG
Another view of Jensen's 2017Casual eatery for classic steak & seafood dishes plus beer, specialty martinis & early-bird deals at 3840 Rahn Road, Eagan.
jensenseagan.JPG
Jensen's Food and Cocktails 2017Casual eatery for classic steak & seafood dishes plus beer, specialty martinis & early-bird deals at 3840 Rahn Road, Eagan.
jensensfrontview.JPG
Jensen's EaganView from Highway 13 of Jensen's Food and Cocktails at 3840 Rahn Road, Eagan.
jerry5.JPG
Jerry's Home and Garden Showplace 2017Christmas time at Jerry's in business over 50 years on Nicols Road.
Jerrys_Garden_center_1.JPG
Jerry's Home and Garden Showplace 2017It's Christmas Tree time at Jerrry's in business on Nicols Road for over 50 years.
Jerrys_wood.JPG
Jerry's Home and Garden Showplace 2018Firewood is available at Jerry's Eagan.
jerry_11.JPG
Jerry's Home and Garden Showplace 2017Located on Nicols Road, they have been in business over 50 years.
jerry_16.JPG
Jerry's Home and Garden Showplace 2017A mural on the wall inside Jerry's Home and Garden Showplace, in business over 50 years.
jerry_21.JPG
Jerry's Home and Garden Showplace 2017It's Christmas tree time at Jerry's in business on Nicols Road for over 50 years.
jerry_23.JPG
Jerry's Home and Garden Showplace 2017At one time, this portion of Jerry's carried Hockey Equipment. Located on Nicols Road.
843 files on 29 page(s) 15