A powerful research tool for the serious or casual visitor.
Home > Neighboring Towns > Eagan, Mendota and Lilydale Minnesota

murphys_house.pdf
Murphy HouseA popular "NIGHT CLUB" on Highway 13 in Eagan.
Murphy_full.pdf
Ray Murphy purchases Valley HouseThe Valley House on Highway 13 has been purchased by Ray Murphy and will re-open as the Murphy House, December 1,
Murphy_House_opens.jpg
Murphy House 1965The newly opened Murphy House on Highway 13 is open for New Years Eve.
national_bank.jpg
National Bank approved for Eagan Township 1963August 8, 1963 Dakota County Tribune

Valley National Bank approved....
newerkennealy.jpg
Winter at the Tom and Mary Kennealy farmAt the time of this photo (late 1960s) Tom and Mary Connelly Kennealy were owners.
His parents Thomas and Julia and Grand parents Richard and Catherine also lived there.
Location - Silver Bell Road near Highway 13. The original Kennealy (Kenneally) farm was
in Eagan on a portion of Lebanon Hills Park.
newer_section_of_Jerrys.JPG
Jerry's Home and Garden Showplace 2018The newer section of the Jerry building on Nicols Road, Eagan.
new_buildings.jpg
Eagan planners approve restaurant and bankJuly 4, 1974 Dakota County Tribune:

Eagan's advisory planning committee approves plans for a Perkins and a branch of Minnesota Federal Savings and Loan.
new_eagan_chief_of_police_2018.jpg
Eagan Chief of Police Roger New 2018Police Chief Roger New who was officially sworn in as Eagan's 6th Police Chief August, 2018 at the City Council meeting. Chief New replaces Chief James McDonald who retired on June 30, 2018, after 30 years of the service with the City of Eagan. Photo compliments of the City of Eagan.
new_eagan_logo_revealed_2017.pdf
New City logo Eagan, revealed 2017From the City of Eagan website: The unveiled a new logo and look in October, 2017 the product of two years of work involving community members and a nationally renowned graphic designer, who is also an Eagan resident passionate about his community. The need for a new logo was first suggested in 2015 by residents in a community visioning process known as Eagan Forward...
New_Eagan_tavern_the_Yankee_2017.pdf
New Eagan tavern will focus on fried chicken 2017The July 25, 2017 Pioneer Press reports that the Valley Lounge in Eagan will re-open as the Yankee Tavern in September. It is located on Highway 13 and Yankee Doodle Road.
new_eagan_tree_sign_.jpg
Eagan new logoDuring the last quarter of 2017 the City of Eagan introduced its new Lone Oak Tree logo.
new_entry__4658.JPG
New portion of Trinity Lone Oak ChurchThe oldest church in Eagan also near the site of the Lone Oak Tree. Founded in 1880, the church has been a landmark in Eagan. The first church building was dedicated in 1882 and served the members for over 20 years. The second church, plus numerous additions and upgrades have served the congregation for over one hundred years.
new_fire_dept.jpg
Cedar Grove establishes Fire DepartmentMarch 24, 1960 Dakota County Tribune -

Cedar Grove residents are developing a fire department...
New_signs_at_City_Hall~0.JPG
Eagan City Hall 2019Work continues at the Eagan City Hall and Police Station during the 2019 expansion.
nicholsstation.pdf
Nicols Station remembered 1979Del Stelling, Sun Newspaper 7 -18-1979 remembers Nicols Station, the Scott Store and other early stores such as Berrisford and Garvey's in the Burnsville, Eagan and Savage communities.
Nicols.jpg
Nicols - Eagan MinnesotaThe Jim Scott General Store and railroad depot stood in what was known as Nicols Station in Eagan. This postcard came from the Kennealy family in Eagan - undated.
Nicols.pdf
Nicols MInnesotaThe portion of Eagan near todays Cedar Avenue and Highway 13 was known as Nicols. This story recalls residents of that area and business owner Jim Scott.
nicols2.JPG
Site of Nicols Station today 2017The Nicols Station is long gone, as shown in this photo.

Nicols, a flag station was established in 1867 on the line of the Chicago, St. Paul, Minneapolis and Omaha Railway, in the northwest quarter of section 17, on land then owned by John Nichols.
Nicols_ad_1980.jpg
Nicols Station grand opening 1980February 1 - 22, 1980 Nicols Station opens in Eagan.
nicols_church.jpg
Nicols Church moved to Rosemount 1938June 17, 1938 Dakota County Tribune

Moving operations of the St. John's church building now located near Nicols, have begun Rev. W. J. Pilgrim the pastor announced this week. The church will be located in the village of Rosemount, where this congregation has been invited to come...
Nicols_closes.jpg
The Nicols depot to closeThe Nicols Station, Eagan to close July 1964.

Nicols, a flag station was established in 1867 on the line of the Chicago, St. Paul, Minneapolis and Omaha Railway, in the northwest quarter of section 17, on land then owned by John Nichols.
Nicols_cutline.JPG
Nicols Depot Eagan to close 1964July 9, 1964 Dakota County Tribune reports on the closing of the Nicols Depot. (Spelling is also seen as Nichols). This depot provided residents access to the train. (Photo cutline).
nicols_hall.jpg
Nicols Dance HallAPRIL 23, 1926 Dakota County Tribune

The Merrry Micks will be at Nicols Hall!

Nicols_Jan_102C_1980.jpg
Nicols Station to open 1980January 10, 1980 Dakota County Tribune - Nicols Station will open at the former Mr. Steak, Cedarvale.

Nicols_landing.jpg
Nicols landingRiverboat at Nicols Landing, Over the Years published by the Dakota County Historical Society 1989. Photo from Violet McCrank.
Nicols_now_2020.JPG
NicolsNicols, the rail track where Jim Scott's store stood on the left and the depot on the right. Photo 2020.
nicols_road11.pdf
Portion of Cedar Avenue renamed Nicols Road
nicols_road_updatess.pdf
Nicols Road in the news 1923Complaints that the grade crossing known as Nicols crossing in the north part of the county is in a dangerous condition, have been made to County Commissioner J. P. Nolan and he took steps today to have the matter acted upon...
Nicols_station_eagan__Minneapolis_Star_Thu__Jul_16__1964_.jpg
Nicols Rail Station to closeNicols Rail Station in Eagan to close, reported in the Minneapolis Star Tribune July 16, 1964.
nicols_station_shot.jpg
Nicols Station EaganToday were the railroad tracks at Nicols Road are found the Depot stood for many year. Nicols, a flag station was established in 1867 on the line of the Chicago, St. Paul, Minneapolis and Omaha Railway, in the northwest quarter of section 17, on land then owned by John Nichols.
843 files on 29 page(s) 20