A powerful research tool for the serious or casual visitor.
Home > Neighboring Towns > Eagan, Mendota and Lilydale Minnesota

Nicols 1920 and 2020Nicols - 1920 - Jim Scott's store and the Nicols Depot. Sketch 1987 - Johnson.
Nicols 2020 Photo by Jack Kennelly
Nicols the life and death of a most unusual town 18 pagesOver the Years, a publication of the Dakota County Historical Society, Fall 1989 Features a story on a portion of Eagan called Nicols. It was the location of the railroad track and depot and the Scott general store at what was the road that lead to the Cedar Avenue Bridge. James Wallin is the writer.
LaFondaLa Fonda at 3665 Sibley Memorial Hwy, Eagan, MN 55122.
Cedric's 1968November 1968 ad for Cedric's at Cedarvale.
Cedarvale 1968Several officers of the Cedarvale Association are shown outside one of the signs pointing the way to the new Cedarvale Shopping Center. They are Gordy Bohn (publicity for Cedarvale merchants), Ed Meyers (President of the group) and Bernie Strobfus (secretary-treasurer). March 7, 1968 Dakota County Tribune.
Then 1960s and Now 2022Rahn Road and then Beau D Rue Drive, Eagan MInnesota.
Yankee Tavern was the Valley Lounge 2017Located at 1755 Yankee Doodle Road.The long time Eagan business Valley Lounge reopened October 2017 as the Yankee Lounge.
Death of Jim Scott 1953October 1953 death of Eagan's Jim Scott, ran a general store at Nicols Station, farmer, school board member, in real estate business...
St. Peter MendotaMinnesota's first church, still standing and in use in Mendota. This Church served Eagan Catholics and portions of Burnsville prior to the establishment of St. John the Baptist, then in Byrnesville/Burnsville.
Multiple use building in EaganAt one time this was a dance hall, later a store and in this photo housing a plumbing and heating company. It was located above CedarVale Mall on Beau D Rue Drive.
Brooks SuperetteFormerly Brooks Superette on NIcols Road in Eagan, has been remodeled over the years and now provides office space.
Jerry's Home and Garden Showplace 2018Old school gas tank at Jerry's Nicols Road Eagan.
Yankee Tavern was the Valley Lounge 2017Located at 1755 Yankee Doodle Road.The long time Eagan business Valley Lounge reopened October 2017 as the Yankee Lounge. They have retained the original sign for the back patio.
Eagan old town hall before restorationEagan's old town hall was moved back from its original foundation in October to accomodate the widening of Pilot Knob Road.
Makers of Dakota County - the O'Neill'sA profile of the O'Neill family, early residents of Mendota, then Eagan Minnesota.
Eagan farmers knew their onionsJune 30, 1983 Minneapolis Star Tribine story about Eagan.
Jerry Lewis CinemaGrand opening the Jerry Lewis Cinema at Cedarvale, 1971.
Eagan Pure Oil1970s photo - County Road 30 and now Nicols Road.
Twin Cities Premium Outlets replaces Cedarvale Mall (2 pages)After the closing of Cedarvale, Twin Cities Premium Oulets began construction of an upscale mall with over 100 shops taking over 440,000 square feet.
Twin Cities Premium OutletsTwin Cities Premium Outlets stands at the site of Cedarvale.
Twin Cities Premium Outlets Twin Cities Premium Outlets is home to over 100 Outlet Stores including; Nike, Coach, Polo Ralph Lauren, Under Armour and Vera Bradley. Our covered walkways offer a comfortable shopping experience but still allows the opportunity to relish in the seasons of Minnesota. The Mall has a Food Court with comfortable seating and an indoor/outdoor fireplace. We are located 10 minutes from the Minneapolis St. Paul Airport. This was the site of the Cedarvale Shopping Center and Valley National Bank.
Twin Cities Premium OutletsThis mall is located on the site of Cedarvale.
The O'Neills of EaganA brief history of the O'Neill family, pioneers who arrived in Eagan in 1852. His wife taught in one of Eagan's first schools.
Leo and Wayne PahlLeo and Wayne Pahl inspecting damaged corn at their farm Cedar Avenue and the Minnesota River. August 4, 1949 Minneapolis Star Tribune.
Mr. and Mrs. Leo PahlMr. and Mrs. Leo Pahl inspect their corn in the field near Cedar Aveune and the Minnesota River. August 4, 1949 Minneapolis Star Tribune photo.
Historic MendotaA painting of Historic Mendota is displayed at Axels in Mendota.
Tom and Helen Slater farmThe Tom and Helen Slater farm on what is now Nicols Road, then Cedar Avenue, across from today's Rahn Park.
Parker House MendotaThe long established Parker House in Mendota is now Axels.

This upscale classic style restaurant is located in the Historic Village of Mendota and features exceptionally high quality American cuisine served in a beautiful setting by an experienced, guest friendly staff. AXELS River Grille is in the building of the former Parker House – a premiere restaurant which served the Twin Cities for over 60 years.
Parker HouseThe Parker House in Mendota, 1947.
Mendota then and now A view of Mendota 1860 and 1949 on what is now Highway 13 near the Sibley House.
843 files on 29 page(s) 21